Optimize Your Store First
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Human Visitor Optimization are very important for your online store. If you do not work on the SEO of your store, search engines will not be able to find you. Customers do use the search engine to look for the products they want and if the search engines do not find you, chances are that your customers will not be able to find you too.
Before you start promoting your online stores, make sure that your store is ready for marketing. There is no point doing all the promotion when your store is not ready. Customers do not like to visit a store when it is still under construction and it looks unprofessional. Here are a few lists of things to make sure that you are ready.
Add products titles and products descriptions to your products
Give a product title and a product description for every product in your store. Your customers will want to know what you are selling and the details about your products. Include information like color, sizes, dimensions, material and even how to use when you are describing your products.
Have pictures of real models using your products
This is a good way of letting your customers have a feel of what it is like wearing, using your products, especially when you are selling apparels & accessories. It also gives your customers an idea the size, how to mix and match and use your products.
Create a “Contact us” page for your store
Create a sitemap for your store
A sitemap is a page that shows all the links available. If your customer cannot find a page, they could use a sitemap to search for the page that they want.
Create a “Thank You for your purchase page” for your store
After your customers have checked out, you should lead your customer to a “Thank you for your purchase” page so that your customers will be sure that their orders have gone through. This thank you page is also great for newsletter subscription and special discount coupons for future buys. Since your customer has already agreed to place an order with you by providing their personal information, your customers will feel more comfortable subscribing to your newsletters. You can get your customers to introduce some of their friends to your online stores by offering special discount codes just for their friends.
Add meta-tags and keywords to your store
Meta-tags descriptions and keywords are very important on all websites. Although some major search engines claim that they are ignoring meta tags and their descriptions, some smaller search engines still depend on them.
Another reason why you should not ignore them is that there are a lot of websites that allow you to submit your shop will search for these meta tags and their descriptions in your website coding. Some classified allows you to enter a website address and after clicking a button, they will automatic fill in your site name and descriptions in their form for you. Some modules in Squidoo does that as well. It can save you lots of time without typing these descriptions over and over again.
Do not spam your meta tags and descriptions but remember to put important keywords on them. Here is an example of where you should put your meta tags and description of your website. It is found on top of your website coding.
Request testimonials from your customers
Create a photo gallery page showing your customers using or wearing your products
Customize your 404 error page
Tell your customer that they are lost or have reached a non existence page of your site. Provide them a simple sitemap of your shop or website so that they can decide where they want to go to get the information they need.
Offer different mode of payment
- PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts, buyer credit or account balances, without sharing financial information.
- WorldPay – Internet Payment Solutions for Credit and Debit Card Processing by the World’s Leading Payment Service Provider.
- Internet Payment Solutions for Credit and Debit Card Processing by the World’s Leading Payment Service Provider.
- Google Checkout
- Google Checkout is a fast, secure checkout process that helps increase sales by bringing you more customers and allowing them to buy from you quickly and easily with a single login.
Offer other languages in your store
Include a currency convertor in your store
Place your phone number on your store
If you are not comfortable with customers who might call you in the middle of the night, get a spare phone with another phone number as your business phone. You can put in the time range that your customers can call you on your websites. After the specify time, you can choose to switch off your phone.
Add your photo, your staff photos or your brick and mortar storefront to your store
Include a “Tell a friend” form on your product page
Add a poll to your store
- Pollhost.com – Get a free poll for your website.
- Pollhost offers completely free website polls. Visit now to instantly create a free poll for your website or blog.
- Vizu: Free Web Polls for your Blog, MySpace or Facebook page. Opinion Polls and Affordable Market Research.
- Create a free web poll and put it on your blog, MySpace, Facebook or other social page. Also try Vizu Answers for opinion polls and affordable market research.